Haystack November 2011

English language haystack
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by bailouts4ever »

You guys really care about central bank's gold?

Of course from a logical standpoint someone should care, but from a realistic standpoint one can forget about it.

IT IS GONE!

Whether it has been leased or sold - it will not be available.

Quoting Eric Sprott (at 7:30 mins or 19:00 mins) there is 4,000 tons market p.a. with little supply growth from the mining sector. Central banks buy and sell, ETFs buy, physical investors buy coins and bars all adding up to 1900 tons of market change for gold. Question thus remains where does that gold coming from?

In his speech in Munich he hinted that he thinks it's CB's which have leased their physical.

From August 2011 (at 07:30 mins):

From November 4, 2011 (at 19:00 mins):
Last edited by bailouts4ever on 12 Nov 2011, 12:32, edited 2 times in total.
0.00 € is what your account statement will show on a long enough timeline.
Miin

Post by Miin »

bailouts4ever wrote:You guys really care about central bank's gold?

Of course from a logical standpoint someone should care, but from a realistic standpoint one can forget about it.

IT IS GONE!

Whether it has been leased or sold - it will not be available.

Quoting Eric Sprott (at 7:30 mins) there is 4,000 tons market p.a. with little supply growth from the mining sector. Central banks buy and sell, ETFs buy, physical investors buy coins and bars all adding up to 1900 tons of market change for gold. Question thus remains where does that gold coming from?

In his speech in Munich he hinted that he thinks it's CB's which have leased their physical.

Such interviews show up once every few months ... I think I've seen all of them from the last 3-4 years. -- NOBODY -- knows for certain, NOBODY. It's all speculation (which doesn't not render it false by default but it remains speculation.)
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

I know, I know. A lot of things in life are speculation - until they either turn reality or are proven wrong.

So we always muddle through life based on incomplete information.

Yet, understand one thing. If you assume that CB gold has been leased and thus prepare accordingly you are better off in any case. If it still is New York and Kentucky you'll be fine. If it is gone you'll be fine, too.
Miin

Post by Miin »

bailouts4ever wrote:I know, I know. A lot of things in life are speculation - until they either turn reality or are proven wrong.

So we always muddle through life based on incomplete information.

Yet, understand one thing. If you assume that CB gold has been leased and thus prepare accordingly you are better off in any case. If it still is New York and Kentucky you'll be fine. If it is gone you'll be fine, too.
I think we can agree that we are better of owning physical gold whether the CB's have their gold leased or not :)
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

EXACTLY!
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

Because some posters IMO over estimate the power of governments, I keep looking for examples to proof my point.

Now it's hard to say in this next article if it's true (the ECB publishes only weekly purchases I think) but, here is insinuated that 2 days of not buying Italian bonds was the trigger for Berlusconi to leave......

Who is in charge here....

The ECB is not the FED (glad it's not). Otherwise they would have been buying as last man standing. They won't.....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bundesban ... -incompete
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Boefke wrote:Because some posters IMO over estimate the power of governments, I keep looking for examples to proof my point.

Now it's hard to say in this next article if it's true (the ECB publishes only weekly purchases I think) but, here is insinuated that 2 days of not buying Italian bonds was the trigger for Berlusconi to leave......

Who is in charge here....

The ECB is not the FED (glad it's not). Otherwise they would have been buying as last man standing. They won't.....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/bundesban ... -incompete
Don’t count me to those posters. I only want to be as realistic as I can be about this subject. Central Banks try to be as independent as they can be, but don’t have overall power.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

EFSF

Post by Indiana Jones »

In my opinion the EFSF will fail. The only solution left that will definitely solve
the current Euro problems and that’ll save the Euro is market priced Eurobonds.

grtz. Indy
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

The only solution left that will definitely solve the current Euro problems and that’ll save the Euro is market priced Eurobonds.
Gee, and this comment is posted by the most prolific poster on a board called "Freegold Forum"... don't you think it possible that a revaluation of physical gold may also be a contender to solve these Euro (debt) problems?
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

Bonds are debt. Gold is payment in full.
Ergo, the issuance of yet more bonds cannot be the solution to a debt problem. :mrgreen:
Indy wrote:The only solution left that will definitely solve the current Euro problems and that’ll save the Euro is market priced Eurobonds.
I recall you asked me on another thread why I thought you displayed a "western trader mindset". Your own comment quoted here answers this question well.
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/