Haystack November 2011

English language haystack
Blondie

Re: Haystack November 2011

Post by Blondie »

Boefke wrote:currency itself......as it is a promise as a store of value.
Who ever made such a promise?
This is just a widespread erroneous assumption.
Anyone losing value to inflation has only themselves to blame, IMO.
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

Blondie wrote:
Who ever made such a promise?
This is just a widespread erroneous assumption.
Anyone losing value to inflation has only themselves to blame, IMO.
Wow, clear to me. As you state the above, have you read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged already? I know you didn't have last time I asked you.

At this time I agree with you. But that's only because I came in touch with freegold and economic things surrounding us. 2 years ago I really thought inflation was 2% and my savings made 4 or 5% annually. Now better now........but who am I?
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Money or currency ore whatever you call it is NO SoV. We believe it is, but it is NOT and actually nobody promised it will ever be that.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Not even an organization like airmiles claims to have its airmiles as store of value. "It is nice to save for later purchases." and that's it.
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

I conceed......
ParsGold

Post by ParsGold »

At this moment I believe there is still NO TRUE store of value on this globe, even gold is not a store of value due politicians and banksters are still on power and negotiating about it :twisted:
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

ParsGold wrote:At this moment I believe there is still NO TRUE store of value on this globe, even gold is not a store of value due politicians and banksters are still on power and negotiating about it :twisted:
Hypothetical question: should there be a true store of value? Knowing that "it" will always be abused, isn't it better to have no "assigned" or "dedicated" store of value? No single store of value, means opportunity too 8-)
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
ParsGold

Post by ParsGold »

Rasta wrote:
ParsGold wrote:At this moment I believe there is still NO TRUE store of value on this globe, even gold is not a store of value due politicians and banksters are still on power and negotiating about it :twisted:
Hypothetical question: should there be a true store of value? Knowing that "it" will always be abused, isn't it better to have no "assigned" or "dedicated" store of value? No single store of value, means opportunity too 8-)
I think there should. Why finally could "it" be abused?
Just keep it simple.
Opportunities enough within that so called store of value, but let's say you're sick and can't work to get fresh income, then there would be no other opportunity to save your savings beside trading, I think this is not wished and desired.

A businessman always finds it's way to make money.
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

Boefke wrote: Why is the first option worth a jail sentence, and the second one isn't?
The second one is, along with debt (which will never be repaid, just rolled), the means by which:
Frederick Bastiat wrote:The state is the great fiction by which everybody tries to live at the expense of everyone else.
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Value is nothing but a personal believe. When a group of people agree on certain believes, we have kind of a value / believe concept.
Because politicians are in need of power, they'll always try to benefit from certain concepts. But don't forget it is in 'we the people' where creativity is born and most politicians are not creative at all. Politicians can do nothing but hunt for profitable creative concepts and therefore are always 'one step behind'.
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.