Haystack October 2011

English language haystack
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Re: Haystack October 2011

Post by Indiana Jones »

ask the smart guys .....

Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Boefke
Silver Member

Post by Boefke »

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/ ... alued.html

This Guy calls for a revaluation of gold to say $10.000 an ounce. This would solve the problems.

What i don't hear is: And than what? keep it for decades at $10.000 and then revalue it to $100.000?? This isn't going to solve anything. People should realise that numbers are numbers, nothing more. What counts is it's purchasing power. By raising the price to $10.000 and print the money to buy the gold it would be a clever way to get your hands on the gold. That the consequences are highly inflationary isn't so obvious to everybody........

But by devaluating the $ as much as stated above, wouldn't it trigger a massive $-dump worldwide and a grasp for every physical gold available on the planet? And a hyper inflationary coming sooner than later? It's better than stay and sit on the worthless $'s though.
Spruitje
Freegold Member

Post by Spruitje »

Boefke wrote:But by devaluating the $ as much as stated above, wouldn't it trigger a massive $-dump worldwide and a grasp for every physical gold available on the planet? And a hyper inflationary coming sooner than later? It's better than stay and sit on the worthless $'s though.
If you read the kitco-forum (gold-thread) you'll see that they argue in their posts that fysical gold is no longer a safe haven, they think that the dollar & the yuan are safe havens. :?
It's unbelievable how they think about the $ on the other side of the ocean...
It's strange... stocks down, POG down, where is the money??? At the moment POG 1630$/Oz.
Edit: At the same time I'm watching the news... they tell that in Greece families with children are searching for food for their children. While I'm worried about the POG, horrifying.
Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.
- William Arthur Ward -
Rasta
Gold Member

Martin Armstrong

Post by Rasta »

Tax Reform
Now What's Going On.

"Consolidating the debt into a single Eurobond with every country simply issuing its own debt going forward without RESERVE status is what is necessary. "
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

Boefke wrote:http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/ ... alued.html

This Guy calls for a revaluation of gold to say $10.000 an ounce. This would solve the problems.
Paul Brodsky has been reading FOFOA for some time. From memory his asset management firm's website has used quotes from FOFOA et al. to help outline their perspective. I think they have reposted material on their site. There are a couple of such firms whose sites I have looked at who do. Altus Capital is another one.
He's not calling for $10k/oz gold, he's using that figure as an example, but you are right, a peg won't work.
Boefke wrote: By raising the price to $10.000 and print the money to buy the gold it would be a clever way to get your hands on the gold.
On whose gold? Who do you think would be selling to Uncle Sam at that price, bearing in mind that the dollars being paid out would have less value than $10k today?
A few weak hands holding only chicken feed, and even they would quickly come to regret it.
Boefke wrote:But by devaluating the $ as much as stated above, wouldn't it trigger a massive $-dump worldwide and a grasp for every physical gold available on the planet? And a hyper inflationary coming sooner than later? It's better than stay and sit on the worthless $'s though.
Pretty much, but again the question: who would be making their physical available at this rate?

It seems obvious to me that there can be no successful repricing of gold to any higher level without the rate floating. It cannot be fixed/pegged.

I had an exchange with a high profile gold commentator recently, asking him exactly how his proposed peg of the dollar to gold would function. His response was ridiculous. But he is taken very seriously by the gold community.

Just because someone has a profile, doesn't mean they actually know more than you. If their proposals don't make sense to you, it is not necessarily that you are not capable of understanding - it is quite possible that it just doesn't make sense. Why are these commentators even publicly commenting? Business promotion purposes for some. For others they have to publish opinion regularly, which can be challenging when you have nothing new to say. At the end of the day they are all just people, and they all have their mental baggage acting as a filter on their perceptions... Brodsky did admit straight up that he has been trading bonds for 20 years, which is ample opportunity to start believing one's assumptions, so he would face quite an effort to ditch the thinking that had been his life for so long and assess other views for a more all-encompassing perspective. It can be done, but it takes a certain sort of ruthlessness with oneself. FOFOA has the perspective that makes that sort of effort worthwhile though ;) .

In my opinion (and it's only an opinion) very, very few have grasped the perspective with which to understand the monetary system and the fundamental role of gold (past, present and future) to that system.

This is why they supply confusing, sometimes contradictory and generally ambiguous commentary and analysis. Their imagination is restrained by their baggage.

They're simply people, just like you and I. :mrgreen:
You don't own your stuff; your stuff owns you.
http://flowofvalue.blogspot.com/
Paul
Platinum Member

Post by Paul »

bank balance sheet: "On the left side there is nothing right and on the right side there is nothing left"
"Taxes are a barbaric relic of the past"
Rasta
Gold Member

Gaddafi

Post by Rasta »

Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Paul
Platinum Member

Post by Paul »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/libyan-oi ... ddafi-dead

be careful who you shake hands with
:(
"Taxes are a barbaric relic of the past"
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Post by Obi-Wan »

Paul wrote:bank balance sheet: "On the left side there is nothing right and on the right side there is nothing left"
Pass the dutchie on the lefthand side

Patience. Use the force. Think.
Rasta
Gold Member

Nassim Taleb on Wall Street Protest, Banking

Post by Rasta »

Nassim Taleb on Wall Street Protest, Banking

He tells it like it is. Quite interesting Bloomberg video [13:54]