Haystack Q4 2012

English language haystack
eduro
Bronze Member

Re: Haystack Q4 2012

Post by eduro »

ZeroHedge

Vietnamese Banks Who Paid Dividend On Stored Gold, Were Quietly Selling It To Appear Solvent
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/26/2012 15:39 -0400

Several months ago, we reported about a troubling development in Vietnam, happy inflationary host of one of the world's most rapidly devaluing and best named currencies, that in direct refutation of Ben "Gold is not money, it is tradition" Bernanke's claim that gold is just a trinket one can fondle with no inherent value, the local banks had gone as far as paying the local residents a dividend to "store" their gold (recall all those charges against gold that it never, ever pays a dividend....). However, as we subsequently warned, any time a bank, and especially an entire banking sector, is willing to pay you paper "dividends" for your gold, run, because all this kind of (s)quid pro quo usually ends up as a confiscation ploy. Sure enough, as Dow Jones reports today, the gold, which did not belong to the banks and was merely being warehoused there (or so the fine print said), was promptly sold by these same institutions to generate cash proceeds and to boost liquidity reserves using other people's gold, obtained under false pretenses.
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. Galileo Galilei
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

October 26, 2012, at 8:57 am

Hi Jim,

Please help me understand how if we are headed to certain collapse then why would turning off the fiat faucet be a bad thing? Is it not true that the longer the can is kicked and the more debt incurred then the harder the fall and longer the recovery? It’s hard to get how something that flies in the face of immutable laws would be better carried on longer. What am I missing Jim?

CIGA Bill

---------------------

Bill,

The earth under your feet would simply disappear. You want a world like Mad Max? You are going to get it 90 days after QE ceases.

I do not preach any principle. I tell it like it is. Like it or not, I am total right on this.

I do not like it, but what does that matter. You might not like it, but what does that mean.

You will know soon.

Jim
Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Post by Obi-Wan »

First Venezuela, then Germany, and now the Netherlands want their gold back.

In the wake of this week’s ruling by the German Federal Accountability Office that Germany must repatriate and audit 150 tons of its gold reserves from the NY Fed over the next 3 years, a Netherlands citizens committee has filed a petition demanding the Central Bank release information ”on the quantity and storage location of the Netherlands’ physical gold, and on the extent and nature of the gold claims.”

Link Silver Docters Article

Link Dutch Article

Curious if Rasta, Indy and Adamus are among the 1300 dutchmen who has signed that petition. I won't if something similar was happening in Flanders
Last edited by Obi-Wan on 27 Oct 2012, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
Patience. Use the force. Think.
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Post by Obi-Wan »

Central Banks And Wall Street Insiders Are Rapidly Preparing For Something BIG

Report: Soros Unloads All Investments in Major Financial Stocks; Invests Over $130 Million In Gold
In a harbinger of what may be coming our way in the Fall of 2012, billionaire financier George Soros has sold all of his equity positions in major financial stocks according to a 13-F report filed with the SEC for the quarter ending June 30, 2012.
According to the report, Soros completely dumped his stakes in Citigroup (420,000 shares), JP Morgan (701,400 shares) and Goldman Sachs (120,000 shares), leaving him with no position in any major financials at all.
Soros, who manages funds through various accounts in the US and the Cayman Islands, has reportedly unloaded over one million shares of stock in financial companies and banks that include Citigroup (420,000 shares), JP Morgan (701,400 shares) and Goldman Sachs (120,000 shares). The total value of the stock sales amounts to nearly $50 million.

What’s equally as interesting as his sale of major financials is where Soros has shifted his money. At the same time he was selling bank stocks, he was acquiring some 884,000 shares (approx. $130 million) of Gold via the SPDR Gold Trust.

Link USA hitman

Soros is the men who 6 month's ago was telling that investing in gold was uncivilized. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

Obi-Wan wrote:.
Curious if Rasta, Indy and Adamus are among the 1300 dutchmen who has signed that petition. I won't if something similar was happening in Flanders
As a matter a fact, I did sign the petition. A worthy cause, only because it is "ours" - our historic generation(s) who certainly earned the purchasing power. It should be their legacy for the purchasing power to be here. Not - after the "good idea" of a politician/bank to have it somewhere else, sold/borrowed/looted/stolen.

You know, it was once trusted from the private sector to the public. A serious abuse would mark the end of faith in government for a couple of hundred years to come. That is the very reason why there can't be more purchasing power in public debt, it will come down. That is just a trend in motion, why purchasing power in private debt and hard assets will go up.

It doesn't even need a name like "freegold". It is a simple fact as there will be less purchasing power in public debt, the purchasing power will go somewhere else. Tradition says it will be more in hard assets, especially those asset classes without liabilities, easy to store, and a high price-to-weight ratio.
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Obi-Wan
Platinum Member

Post by Obi-Wan »

I understand your motivation.

But I do think it's a lost cause. Meaning : I 've lost faith in government doings long ago.

A little dangerous to. Signing can make you (in a future environment) a potential target. On the other hand I have great respect for people who stand up for their believes an act on them. I am not that kind of guy I realize.
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Let me answer your curiosity: I did not sign this petition ... ;)
Adamus
Gold Member

Post by Adamus »

Indiana Jones wrote:
OK. Prove it :roll:
skyscraper
Platinum Member

Post by skyscraper »

can't find an 'indiana jones' on the list, no 'rasta' neither, some of us must be using fake names 8-)
nothing but respect for those who put theirselves in danger for the good cause.
in history, lots of people stood up because they truly believed in change.
alas, one should take into consideration that a banana is not to be served green.
complex societies are usually not open for change.
i suppose that is because the generations to follow are to benefit, they see change as a chance.
while the current generation doesn't like to give up on any achievement.
kind of strange because everyone wants a better world for their kids but in the end no one actually seems to care.
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Adamus wrote:
Indiana Jones wrote:
OK. Prove it :roll:
You just have to believe me. Just like you have to believe your wife is faitfull to you, like you have to believe that there is any 999.9 gold left in Central Bank vaults.
Like you have to believe so many things in life because nothing in this world is true and everything is an illusion ....... ;)