Haystack May 2012

English language haystack
Rasta
Gold Member

Re: Haystack May 2012

Post by Rasta »

Simply explained the way it is: debt problem / revenue problem / spending problem

Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

Good morning,

As you may guess EXPORTS are the holy cow of German business. Thus, whenever exports are hindered, shrinking or otherwise altered alarm bells in Germany start ringing.

Yesterday Euler-Hermes, Germany's largest export credit insurance, declared that effective immediately I would cease all export insurance to Greece. Although the Euro is so stable and it is so 100% sure that Greece will stay in the Euro it seems that some know more than others...

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/e ... 68206.html

Cheers.
0.00 € is what your account statement will show on a long enough timeline.
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Technical Analysis - Lars Lindgren Gullprat.no

Post by Indiana Jones »

Pandora Kapitalforvaltning A.S. Norge
Shortposisjoner – 31. Mai 2012

We covered our short position in the Euro/USD yesterday, since it reached our intermediate target of 1.2375 – 1.2350.

We are looking into the possibility “that a rally in the Euro/USD could influence the stock market in a positive manner”.
Because of this uncertainty, we have decided to take profits on the short positions recommended in the stock indices yesterday.

Prices levels here and now:

S&P 500 futures – 1,308.00

DAX futures – 6,283.00.

OBX Indeksen – 357.30.

- Lars L
http://www.gullprat.no/

==============================================

Euro/USD - 31 Mai 2:00 a.m. -> 1.2358

Everything that needs to be said has already been said.
But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

bailouts4ever wrote:Good morning,

As you may guess EXPORTS are the holy cow of German business. Thus, whenever exports are hindered, shrinking or otherwise altered alarm bells in Germany start ringing.

Yesterday Euler-Hermes, Germany's largest export credit insurance, declared that effective immediately I would cease all export insurance to Greece. Although the Euro is so stable and it is so 100% sure that Greece will stay in the Euro it seems that some know more than others...

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/e ... 68206.html

Cheers.
Perhaps the Greek need anther explicit bag of money to keep them buying the German goods? Didn't the last deal involve a large order of military equipment?
Eventually there will be an awakening, a balancing of the scales and a bill to be paid, and for that I hold gold - Jim Sinclair
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

One way or the other this moneybag is coming.
Professional Investment Firms like Norwegian 'Pandora Kapitalforvaltning' are closing their EUR/USD shortpositions so the markets expect the second moneybag soon now, maybe coming weekend.
The first bag handed over by the FED to the ECB in December was 1 trillion USD swapped into Euro/s (European QE1)
The second bag is expected to be around 500 billion to temper the Spanish en Italian Bond yields and to give Greece a bit of air (European QE2).

We'll wait and see .....

grtz. Indy
Indiana Jones
Freegold Member

Post by Indiana Jones »

Bloomberg May,31

quote:
‘Sever the Link’
Current EU plans call for the 500 billion-euro ESM to funnel bank-aid money through national governments and, ultimately, require those governments to pay it back. Direct recapitalizations by the fund “might be envisaged” and would “sever the link between banks and the sovereigns,” the commission said in a staff working paper
unquote:

staff working paper in English
http://ec.europa.eu/europe2020/pdf/nd/s ... rea_en.pdf
staff working paper in German
http://ec.europa.eu/europe2020/pdf/nd/s ... rea_de.pdf
bailouts4ever
Bronze Member

Post by bailouts4ever »

@Rasta

Well yes, I'd also suggest that the Germans give the Greek money in order to buy German products. That truely is how a market economy is supposed to work :D . Still just like Indy I am also quite sure that something will be done soon.

See what kind of trick they pull out of the box this time :arrow: :idea: :?: .
0.00 € is what your account statement will show on a long enough timeline.
Rasta
Gold Member

Post by Rasta »

A new month! We continue in the Haystack June 2012